The National School Chaplaincy Programme (NSCP) 2016-2018 is a Commonwealth-funded initiative to support the emotional wellbeing of students and the school community through the provision of pastoral care. The New South Wales Government administers the Programme on behalf of the Commonwealth.
In 2018, a Student Support Worker was appointed to:
- Support the Parish School’s implementation of Catholic Education in the diocese of Lismore Foundational Beliefs and Practices – The Essential Framework;
- Provide support for the spiritual wellbeing of students, including guidance about ethics, values, relationships and religious issues;
- Create opportunities for the faith development of students;
- Enhance student engagement with the Parish and broader community;
- Support existing pastoral care initiatives as requested.
The position of Student Support Worker primarily supports both the mission and values of the Parish School, as well as students’ faith and personal wellbeing. The role is responsible to the Principal and works in partnership with Parish School Executive, the Parish Priest and other designated personnel who respond to the religious, spiritual and personal wellbeing of students, consistent with the National School Chaplaincy Programme Guidelines 2016-2018.