The TAS the department at St Mary’s Catholic College delivers a wide range of subjects in all Year levels.
In Stage 4 (Year 7 and 8) students study Technology (Mandatory) which includes focus areas such as:
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Food preparation and cooking
In Stage 5 (Years 9 and 10) students have the option to choose two electives. Electives on offer in the TAS KLA include:
- Industrial Technology Timber
- Industrial Technology Metal
- IT – Multimedia and Games Development
- Food Technology
- Textiles Technology
In Stage 6 (Year 11 and 12) offers the following courses to study towards the Higher School Certificate in the Colleges Compressed Curriculum pattern of study.
- Design & Technology
- Industrial Technology Timber and Furnishings
- Industrial Technology Multimedia
- Software Design & Development
- Hospitality (VET)
- Metal & Engineering (VET)
- Construction (VET)
- Primary Industries (VET)
Agriculture taught at our EARTH Centre located on Sextonville Road. The EARTH Centre includes an 80 acre farm complete with Science labs for the students to complete experiments with crops and cattle. Students have the capacity to raise cattle for showing at the local shows and Beef Week.